Tom’s Tech Take II provides analysis of the biggest trends in the information technology field. Primarily, it examines the impact of AI, social, mobile, and cloud computing on applications, IT, business, and work life. From time to time analytics and “big data” topics will creep in but only in relation to social, mobile, and cloud.
The four trends of AI, social, mobile, and cloud are, individually, important. Taken together they are driving a major transformation in business applications and how companies conduct business. Understanding these changes will be the key to leveraging information technology for business success going forward.
Some examples of topics one could reasonably expect to find here are:
- Developer trends including Agile and DevOps
- Mobile CRM, HCM, ERP, and Other Mobile Business Applications
- Digital Marketing, especially Social Media Marketing
- Consumerization of IT
- The Transition to Cloud Applications: Changes in Buying Patterns, Changes in Revenue Patterns
- User Experience
- Customer Experience
- Cloud Productivity Suites
- Social Media Analytics
- Real cool new technology like Quantum Computing